A. Basics in pharmacology, medicine and economics.
- has detailed understanding of the scientific disciplines on the interface between molecular and cellular biology, integrative physiology and behaviour, and medical, economical and pharmaceutical sciences, providing a tailored framework continuing into acquisition of in depth knowledge on applying drug interventions of diseases, covering the whole range of drug development disciplines.
B. Understanding, appreciating and conducting scientific research in the area of pharmacoepidemiology and drug research.
- has a detailed understanding of the basics of epidemiology and economics and can apply the concepts to understanding and conducting epidemiological and economical research and critically appraising the literatur;
- has knowledge of data collection methods, their quality aspects and elementary statistical handling;
- has knowledge about pharmacovigilance and how it is organized;
- has knowledge about pharmaco-economics and how it is organized;
- knows how information in scientific literature can be used in real-life cases;
- has practical knowledge of research with a prescription database and knows their limitations and advantages;
- is aware of the potential ethical and social implications of scientific research, and is able to critically reflect on his/her actions in this context;
- can critically appraise the literature, present research to a broader audience oral and in writing and can discuss studies at a Master level.
C. Three subjects of choice (>5 ECTS).
- has in-depth knowledge of at least three different (pharmaco)epidemiological/-economical subjects of research each of at least 1 ECTS;
- has proven capability of formulating orally and in writing background of a specific subject, research aim, methods including setting, study population, determinants, outcomes, data collection, analysis and references.